Does Governor Pete Ricketts think that Marijuana Makes Darkies think they’re as Good as White Men?
Why do Republicans Continue to Suppor the Prohibition of Cannabis?
In a fundraising appeal to Republicans, Nebraska Governor Pete Ricketts wrote …
"Leftists are using the initiative process in our state to push their agenda on socialized health care, marijuana legislation, expanding gambling and other issues.”
The fact that Ricketts refers to cannabis legalization as a “leftist” issue speaks volumes about how far removed he is from reality. Although he’s not the only one.
The truth is, most Republican lawmakers continue to support the prohibition on cannabis. Which is odd, when you think about it. After all, the GOP is supposed to be the party of limited government. It’s supposed to be the party that supports economic development and the basic fundamentals of personal sovereignty.
Legalizing cannabis hits all those buttons.
The continued prohibition on cannabis is a direct violation of personal sovereignty.
The legalization of cannabis provides jobs and economic development.
The legalization of cannabis allows sick people to treat themselves with the medicine of their choice without the fear of arrest, incarceration or government sanctioned violence against its own citizens.
The idea that legalizing cannabis is somehow synonymous with the left is based only on outdated stigmas about this plant, and of course the inability of the GOP to realize that by embracing cannabis legalization, it would actually be embracing Republican principles.
I get that old guard conservatives still buy the anti-cannabis propaganda that was started nearly 100 years ago by a man named Harry Anslinger; the nation’s first drug czar who’s known for such memorable quotes as …
- Marijuana influences Negroes to look at white people in the eye, step on white men's shadows and look at a white woman twice.
- The primary reason to outlaw marijuana is its effect on the degenerate races.
- Reefer makes darkies think they're as good as white men.
- I wish I could show you what a small marijuana cigarette can do to one of our degenerate Spanish-speaking residents. That's why our problem is so great; the greatest percentage of our population is composed of Spanish-speaking persons, most of who are low mentally, because of social and racial conditions.
- Marijuana is the most violence causing drug in the history of mankind. Most marijuana smokers are Negroes, Hispanics, Filipinos and entertainers.
But is this the kind of rhetoric the GOP wants to align itself with?
Because that’s exactly what guys like Ricketts are doing when they continue to support the prohibition on cannabis.
The fact that Ricketts is even making this a partisan issue is absurd. And I do hope someone in his camp is smart enough to educate him on why he should not align legalization with the left, and instead embrace it as an opportunity to build local economies, create jobs, and champion personal sovereignty.
This ain’t rocket science.